Friday, July 20, 2012

simple


Let's talk about style.


My style has changed a lot since I was younger. In middle school, I would have given an arm and a leg to have an outfit from American Eagle or Abercrombie and Fitch. Fast forward almost 15 years later, and my style leans heavily towards the classic, with bits of whimsy and edge thrown in. I've noticed time and time again that I favor clean, timeless lines, but with enough sartorial flexibility to appreciate when those lines have a modern twist: a perfectly tailored ankle pant with an art deco print; a classic leather almond-toe pump in saturated crimson; a delicate initial necklace with the letter askew. To return the gorgeous picture above, it is so absolutely perfect. I love that it's 95% a monochromatic look with the addition of maroon from the fabulous shoe. And while the look is fairly classic, it doesn't feel stuffy, or overworked, and even feels completely modern. There's nothing too trendy yet it feels so en vogue because simple hair and impeccable tailoring are always in style.

I'm guilty of often going with the trends, even when they're not the most flattering on me (hello, peplum!), but when it gets right down to it, this is the style I truly gravitate to and try to exude on a daily basis. The lovely Caroline Issa is always this chic. See for yourself:


 all images: garance dore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com