Tuesday, October 16, 2012

seven things (right now)


a tree in my neighborhood in full fall regalia

 1. It is halfway through October, and I have yet to take a prolonged walk outside to take in the leaves changing color and the brisk air. I need to change that stat before it turns frigid.

2. I am excited about the Bears sitting atop the NFC North. I won't make any conjectures about playoffs and Super Bowls; I'll just keep cheering and watching to see if everything pays off later this winter. 

3. My boyfriend turns 24 this Friday, and we will be eating dinner at Fogo de Chao. It will be our first time, and we'll be with friends from college. Cannot wait!

4. I can't wait until the election is over. I try to be a politically aware, well-read and well-informed person, but my tolerance for the general nastiness of election year politics reached its limit about 27 days ago. 

5. #4 being said, I mailed in my ballot. As annoyed as I may be at the whole childish atmosphere, I'm quite serious about voting. Will you vote/have you voted?

6.I'm going to try and start writing again. Nothing too ambitious or long - I just want to get into the habit of taking the time to write essays when the mood strikes.

7. My boyfriend and I recently struck a pact to set aside one day a week to just spend time together. It doesn't have to be anything fancy; we don't even have to go out. The "rules" are just that we take the time to put everything else down and to the side to take the time to check in and enjoy each other's company. Our lives are so busy, and I think sometimes we have "us" time only when our schedules allow. Now, we'll try to carve out that time first and fill everything else around that.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com