Friday, November 9, 2012

birthday weekend

birthday wish list

polyvore set here


I am turning 24 on Monday, and this weekend is jam packed with activity. Tonight I'll be eating delicious noodles at Slurping Turtle with my coworkers and then seeing Skyfall with my boyfriend. On Saturday, I'll be heading home to spend a day with my parents and sister, and once James arrives from work, we'll all go out to eat. To round out the weekend, on our way back to Chicago, we'll be stopping off to do some leisurely shopping and checking out holiday displays, and then to a just-the-two-of-us birthday dinner. Bonus: the Bears are on Sunday Night Football!

I've been incredibly lucky and blessed with a good job, good health, a great boyfriend, a wonderful apartment, and lots of loving family and friends. The wish list above would just be icing on an already delicious cake. 

I would also be remiss if I didn't take the time to thank our friend Jesse for cooking a wonderful pre-birthday dinner last night. Any dinner that I didn't have to make would have been great as yesterday was a long day, but he hit it out of the park: asparagus risotto with some fennel and leek (so creamy!), blackened scallops, and shredded brussels sprouts with bacon and shallots. Topped off with several glasses of dry Riesling, I was in culinary heaven.

Have a great weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com