Monday, February 4, 2013

routine

routine

here

One of my goals at the start of the year was to develop a routine to take care of my face and stick to it. After spending some time in Sephora trying out an entire range of products, I think I've found a set of products that work for me. I use this cleanser day and night; it's super gentle and has a very mild scent. When I want extra cleaning, I use this 2-3 times a week. I've used these makeup remover wipes for years and buy them in bulk at Costco (good for a quick or heavy-duty clean, or when you're traveling), and I recently discovered this toner (this cleansing water is great, too). This moisturizer with SPF from Sephora's line has become a favorite  for day- it keeps my skin moisturized without feeling like I put a ton of stuff on it. For night, I turn to this night masque for ultimate hydration. I wake up in the morning and my skin feels so soft. It's definitely a splurge, but a little goes a long way.

I also wanted to develop a "fail-safe" makeup routine that was easy to do yet still pretty, for those days when I've hit the snooze button too many times and I've only got 5 minutes. I have to say, taking care of your skin goes a long way to making 5-minute makeup effortless. In addition to products just applying more easily, adding all the extra stuff is just not necessary since your skin is lovely the way it is. For the most part, the only makeup I use throughout the week is five things: eyeliner (brown for day, purple or black for night), mascara (a favorite since high school; this is an equal favorite), neutral eyeshadow, lip balm/lipgloss/lipstick (always/often/sometimes), and a blush if I want more color. I leave the heavy stuff for the weekends for dates or nights on the town when I want a little bit more oomph and drama than my M-F look. 

* The specific shades in the collage are MAC lipstick in lickable, NARS eyeshadow in cordura, and NARS blush in orgasm.

What's your daily beauty routine? I'd love to hear some beauty product recommendations!

1 comment:

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com