Thursday, March 14, 2013

trio

trio

here 


A woman's perfume is somewhat like her signature.  One of my closest friends wore Angel by Thierry Mugler and another close friend almost always wore Daisy by Marc by Marc Jacobs, and with each one, I considered those perfumes as their signature. I have three perfumes that I wear almost exclusively, one for spring/summer, one for fall/winter, and one for more special events.

I've worn Light Blue since my freshman year of college and am on big bottle #3. Its citrus scent has just the right amount of bite while still staying light and fresh, making it perfect for the spring and summer. The only downside is since it's an eau de toilette, the scent dies down after a couple of hours on me, and I have to respray. While that's unfortunate for my wallet, I love the scent too much. 

I discovered The One about 2 1/2 years ago. I had been looking for a stronger perfume to wear for nice dinners and more formal functions. I wanted something warm and romantic without being overwhelmingly floral or strong, and surprisingly, this fit the bill. Doing some post-buy research, I found out why I liked it so much: it has notes of mandarin, peach, bergamot, and vetiver - a great mix of things I like.

My search for a fall/winter perfume was even tougher. I wanted something that was more suitable for the colder temps than Light Blue but less "fancy" than The One.  I actually discovered Narciso Rodriguez For Her as a sample in a beauty box. I sprayed it absentmindedly and while the first spray was a lot more musky than I usually like, it died down into a really unique scent that I can't even describe but found myself loving. Even though it's an eau de toilette (in the black bottle; the eau de parfum is in the pink bottle, and I've heard the scent is quite different), it's a lot stronger and more lasting than the Light Blue. 

Do you have a signature scent?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com