Thursday, April 25, 2013

shoe lessons


Looking at the picture above brings out two conflicting emotions in me: a good amount of embarrassment and an even bigger amount of happiness. I'm embarrassed because of the amount of sheer effort I put into finding these two pairs of shoes, but I'm so happy that I found them that the embarrassment is effectively negated. Since they're both J. Crew, I think it's appropriate to call them my long-searched-for shiny ponies (thank you, Jenna Lyons). 




The sandals were originally from Summer 2011, and I searched high and low for them long after they sold out. I did manage to find some on eBay every now and then but for ridiculous prices. Over a year into the search, I finally found them through another blogger's shop - worn once, in my size, and for almost exactly what they would have cost me had I paid retail + tax. 



The leopard pumps are more recent (this year) but like the sandals, promptly sold out. Every once in a while, a pair or two would pop up in my local store, only to have them be a half size too small or too big. Last Sunday, there was a pair in the store I was browsing through. I turned the shoe over only to find that it was again a half size too big at a size 8 1/2. Resigning myself to the fact that I should give up the search yet hoping that there was the slightest chance that the 8 1/2 would fit since they were pointy toe and narrow, I tried them on. And lo and behold, they fit. I have never been as thankful for my wide feet as I was last Sunday.


Shoe lessons learned: wide feet can sometimes be a blessing, persistence sometimes pays off, other bloggers are amazing, and pretty shoes from J. Crew sell out quickly, so buy them quicker. 

But if I had bought them the first time around, I don't know if I'd be as happy as I am now after the odyssey we've been through. 


What's your story about the pair(s) that (almost) got away?

2 comments:

  1. I like the leopard print shoes. Ive been looking for one but they all look extreme. This one's perfect!

    Let me know if you want to follow each other.

    My Blog My Neonish Life
    Follow me on Bloglovin
    Follow me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have done your photo shots, great pics of the shoes! Love it if you could check out my blog too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I appreciate you stopping by. I read each and every comment, so feel free to drop me a note.

Want to know more? Have more questions? Email me at lovelyhes@gmail.com